Elite is a scary word!

I found out a week or so ago that I have been accepted onto the University of Sheffield's Elite Sport Performance Scheme. This means I get a free gym membership and help and advice on training from the Sports team. The scheme can also help discuss time off with the University if required, although my PhD supervisor has been really great up to now so fingers crossed this won't be necessary! It's nice to be able to represent the University, and I am very grateful to those who support the ESPS financially in order to allow us to follow our dreams...

University of Sheffield Elite Sport
I have never spent much time (any time that should be!) in a gym before now, but I think it will be very useful. I have been using static bikes for warm up and down, then focusing on leg press type strength machines, as well as rowing and static weights.

And finally for now, some more news in brief...
  • Big Alps Run planning is reaching a critical point... Booking flights and getting things sorted. I am planning to start on something around 14th May.
  • Some ****** stole my bike from outside the Mappin Building on Portobello Street, Sheffield. If you spot a Yeti ARC with AXON forks looking suspicous I would be grateful if you would let me know.
  • It looks like I will be racing Raid in France again in 2012. This is brilliant news as it's the World Championships.
  • I have been asked to speak at the ShAFF (Sheffield Adventure Film Festival) in March. More on this to come, but again sounds fantastic, and hopefully a good opportunity for publicity!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kinder Killer

100km review - Scott Supertrac Ultra RC

The irony of trees