The final Open5 of the season...

Well as my shorts and T-shirt from the weekend hang covered in snow on the washing line, the beautiful weather we had in Dovedale on Sunday seems a long way away!

I'll keep this blog pretty short because I have no pictures to make it interesting, but for once I had a reasonable (if not brilliant) Open 5. I decided to bike first, and really enjoyed the bike course. It wasn't too technical which suited me, and there were a fair few controls accessible by road and decent bridleways, which made it pretty fast. After getting all of the high point controls in a loop I found myself over at the eastern end of the map, so decided to crack on and clear a course for the first time!

Having done all the bike I got back to transition after about 3:40, so set off for a pretty short run. For once I was sensible, and just collected to controls on the top half of the map... As usual, there was a strong urge to head off to the most obscure, difficult and low scoring controls in the bottom corner, but for once I managed to resist! Towards the end I messed up a bit, ending up going to control 8, then 5, then back to 8 for no good reason, but found a bit of energy towards the end and made it back in 4 hours 57, with 515 points. This was good enough for 10th place on the day, with the same points but a slower time than 8th and 9th.

So I finished the series on a relative high, and pulled my overall position up to 26th despite a shocking result in the Quantocks! Congratulations to Lucy for second place on the day and overall in the series (blog).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kinder Killer

100km review - Scott Supertrac Ultra RC

The irony of trees